The Buddle Findlay Negotiation Competition is an undergraduate law student competition in which a team of two law students representing a client negotiates either a transaction or the resolution of a dispute with an opposing team of two students.
The Buddle Findlay Negotiation Competition takes place during the first semester and will consist of a preliminary round, followed by the semi-finals and finals. The competition will be judged by members of the University Law Faculty, Buddle Findlay lawyers, and/or other experienced negotiation experts.
The winning team from each regional competition will compete at the New Zealand Law Students' Association National Conference, which this year is to be held at the University of Canterbury from Wednesday 28 August to Sunday 1 September 2013.
Each regional winning team will also be invited to compete at the Australian Law Students' Association (ALSA) Asia-Pacific Conference, which is being held in Perth from Tuesday 9 July to Tuesday 16 July 2013.
Dates for 2013
- University of Auckland: Tuesday 21 May to Wednesday 22 May
- Auckland University of Technology: Tuesday 21 May to Monday 27 May
- University of Waikato: Monday 20 May to Wednesday 22 May
- Victoria University of Wellington: Monday 27 May to Wednesday 29 May
- University of Otago: Tuesday 7 May to Friday 10 May
- University of Canterbury: Tuesday 14 May to Tuesday 21 May
How to apply
Application forms for the Buddle Findlay Negotiation Competition are available from your Law Students Association or click here to download an application form.
For more information on how to apply please contact your university representatives or
Ashleigh Curd, HR Administrator
DDI: 09 363 1025