Andrea specialises in employment law, civil litigation and liquor licensing work.
Andrea advises public and private sector employers, and individual clients, on all aspects of employment law, including discipline and dismissal, performance management, redundancy, holidays and leave, collective bargaining, strikes and lock outs, health and safety, discrimination and privacy. She regularly drafts and reviews employment agreements, policies and independent contractor agreements for employers and employees. Andrea represents clients at mediations, and appears in the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court.
Andrea has acted on a range of civil litigation matters contested in various tribunals, the District Court, High Court, and Court of Appeal.
Andrea provides clients in the hospitality industry with liquor licensing advice and represents clients in the Liquor Licensing Authority.
Recent work includes:
- Appearing as Counsel in the Employment Court in cases involving the interpretation of good faith obligations in section 4 of the Employment Relations Act and the initiation of collective bargaining
- Representing clients at mediations in unjustified disadvantage and unjustified dismissal cases
- Providing employment advice through a legal hotline for a number of client organisations.
Andrea is a member of the Wellington Branch of the New Zealand Law Society Employment Law Committee.
- LLB (Hons) (Victoria University of Wellington)
- BCA (Victoria University of Wellington)