Daniel is a member of our national property team and has extensive experience in property sector corporate and commercial transactions. He has particular expertise in urban renewal projects, infrastructure and utilities projects. He advises corporate, institutions and local authorities on all real estate matters, developments, due diligence investigations, acquisitions and divestments and structures.
Daniel spent two years in London working for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in the real estate team and then spent eight years in the commercial property team of another New Zealand law firm.
Recent work includes:
- Advising Auckland Transition Agency on the transitional arrangements for the Auckland local authority reorganisation and, in particular, the establishment of council-controlled organisations including Regional Facilities Auckland and Auckland Waterfront Development Agency
- Advising Deloitte on the development agreement and lease for its new head office at the Deloitte Centre 80 Queen Street, Auckland, a 5 star green building
- Advising Matariki group on the proposed sale of its New Zealand forest portfolio
- Advising the potential purchaser of a dairy processing facility in the South Island
- Advising the potential purchaser of an iron sand mine in the North Island
- Advising Auckland City Council on the largest urban regeneration project in New Zealand at Wynyard Quarter
- Advising Swift Energy on the sale of its New Zealand Gas and Oil Assets
- Advising Auckland City Council on the public private partnership for the urban regeneration project for the redevelopment of the Britomart Precinct
- Advising Auckland City Council on a joint venture for a new public car park in the Britomart Precinct
- Advising Christchurch City Council on the development agreement and lease for its new civic offices
- Advising Auckland City Council on the urban regeneration and intensification project in Orakei
- LLB University of Auckland