Kate is an employment law specialist in the Auckland litigation team. She has extensive experience in all aspects of employment law and has represented and advised employers across a range of industries, including in education, transport, manufacturing, retail, forestry, telecommunications and local government.
Kate regularly acts for clients in mediation and has appeared in the Employment Relations Authority, Employment Court and Court of Appeal. Her background also includes experience in corporate human resources in Australia.
Kate has an interest in and commitment to the not for profit sector, is a Trustee on the Board of Volunteering Auckland and is a member of the ADLSI Employment Law Committee.
Recent work includes:
- Advising multinational and local government employers on senior management restructuring
- Acting for clients taking and defending personal grievance and breach of contract proceedings
- Advising on restraint of trade provisions
- Drafting and advising on employment agreements and policies
- Advising on information and privacy obligations
- Advising on industrial relations
- Advising on workplace investigations, performance management and disciplinary processes
- Advising on employment issues in mergers and acquisitions.
- LLB BSocSci University of Waikato