Kerry has 25 years experience advising on resource management and environmental issues, and employment law.
Recent resource management work
- Advising on Resource Management Act applications including land use, water permits, air permits, discharge permits, requirements and designations
- Appearing in the Environment Court on appeals of resource consents, plan changes, enforcement orders, declarations and prosecutions
- Appearing in the High Court on appeal from the Environment Court
Investigating and preparing due diligence reports on business acquisitions.
Recent employment work
- Advising on industrial relations, collective agreements and individual employment agreements, including negotiating and drafting those agreements
- Appearing before the (former) Tribunal, the Employment Relations Authority, and in the Employment Court
- Representing clients in compliance proceedings and injunctions
- Advising on strikes and lockouts
- Advising on common law duties for employers and employees
- Advising on related legislation including Holidays Act, Health and Safety in Employment Act, New Zealand Bill of Rights Act and the Privacy Act
- Representing defendants in health and safety prosecutions.
- Kerry is a member of the New Zealand Resource Management Law Association, Christchurch Planning Bar Association, Maritime Law Association. He is an Accredited Commissioner for RMA hearings.
- LLB University of Canterbury