Myles is a member of our banking and finance team and specialises in transactional banking and credit recovery. Myles provides general transactional banking and finance advice to domestic and international lenders as well as credit recovery and restructuring advice.
Myles joined Buddle Findlay in 2000 and came back to Buddle Findlay in 2005 having spent two and a half years in the United Kingdom travelling and working for the Department of Trade and Industry.
Myles has been a member of our financial services team for eight years. Myles spent over five years on various secondments at Bank of New Zealand (BNZ) working closely with a range of departments within BNZ. These secondments have provided Myles with long-term firsthand experience of the issues that affect financial institutions, of how financial institutions function, and the interaction of various stakeholders within a financial institution.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for BNZ on its development funding of Hampton Downs Motorsport Park
- Acting for BNZ on its development funding of Kapiti Coast Airport
- Acting for BNZ in relation to funding provided to Placemakers franchises
- Acting for BNZ on development funding to Melview Beaumont Quarter
- Acting for BNZ in relation to funding provided to a major Auckland amusement park facility
- Acting for BNZ in relation to lending to retirement villages and local authorities
- Advising BNZ Partners on a range of financing transaction issues and documentation projects
- Assisting BNZ with amending mortgage and discharge documentation and processes to deal with the requirements of the CERA agreements
- Acting for NAB and BNZ in relation to facilities provided to Trans-Tasman corporate borrowers
- BCom, LLB University of Auckland