Peter is one of New Zealand's leading projects lawyers with specialist expertise in project and infrastructure development and finance, PPP and construction contracting.
Peter provides commercial advice to major domestic and international corporates with a particular focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors, public private partnerships including other public procurement and joint ventures, and mergers and acquisitions in all business sectors. He has a particular interest and expertise in geothermal energy developments.
Peter's recent work includes advising:
- Bidders and financiers on the Wiri prison and NZ Schools PPP projects
- Developers, contractors and financiers on various geothermal energy developments in New Zealand and internationally
- On the financing and subsequent restructuring of an upstream oil and gas company
- A major energy company on construction contracting for new generation and gas projects
- Lenders providing limited recourse finance for energy, telecommunications and water and wastewater projects.
Peter is ranked as a leading individual in project finance, banking and finance and capital markets in IFLR 1000, Asia Pacific Legal 500, Chambers Global and Who's Who Legal.
- LLB University of Auckland