Who we are
Commitment, integrity and solutions that anticipate the real problems, these are the things that sum up our approach to doing business. And striving for excellence in everything we do.
Our clients include national and multi-national corporations, private equity and venture capital funds, banks and financial institutions, state-owned enterprises, government departments, and local and other statutory authorities. We have strong links with law firms in Australia, United Kingdom, United States of America and Asia.
A comprehensive commercial legal service advising both public and private companies on a full range of corporate and commercial issues and transactions.
- Specialist industry knowledge and the ability to contribute strategic advice in key industries
- Commercial solutions based on a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- "Can do" flexible approach to client service
- Seamless national service - providing a fully integrated service from New Zealand's three major commercial centres - Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch
- Commitment, integrity and solutions that anticipate the real problems, these are the things that sum up our approach to doing business.
Buddle Findlay has been providing legal services for 118 years. Buddle Findlay represents the merger in 1982 of Wellington firms Buddle Anderson Kent & Co (with a heritage dating back to 1895 with the founding of Buller & Anderson) and Findlay Hoggard Richmond & Co (dating back to 1899 with the founding of Findlay Dalziell & Co). An Auckland office was established in 1986 and strengthened through mergers with the Auckland firm of Malloy Moody & Greville and with the commercial department of Holmden Horrocks & Co. A Christchurch office was added by merging with Brookman Stock in 1989.
Buddle Findlay's Board of Management is made up of six representatives elected annually by partners. The Board of Management comprises a National Chairman and partner representatives from each of our three offices.
The Board membership is as follows:
- National Chairman is Peter Chemis
- Auckland Board representatives are David Perry (Auckland Chairman) and Grant Dunn
- Wellington Board representatives are Steve Nightingale (Wellington Chairman) and Paul Beverley
- Christchurch Board representative and Christchurch Chairman is John Buchan.
The role of the Board of Management is to develop strategies and goals for the firm's business and monitor achievement against those goals.
Chief Operating Officer, Philip Maitland, is responsible to the Board of Management for all aspects of the firm's business management and operations.
A high level of professionalism is demonstrated across the senior management team which includes: