6 October 2023
What we offer
We are a full-service commercial law firm with three offices, 47 partners and over 300 permanent people. Our culture and the focus on collaboration is the foundation of who we are and in joining us, you will feel valued, connected, and supported. For this role, we are offering a competitive salary, professional but friendly environment, business hours work (no weekends) and a range of benefits that enable you to be the best you can be. Some of our benefits include health insurance, training and development courses, wellbeing programmes, and extra leave days.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled and motivated corporate chef to join the Buddle Findlay Wellington team. This is a permanent full-time position working 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (hours may vary to assist with functions outside these hours). In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide exceptional food and beverage services to all client and internal functions, ensuring their needs are met whilst actively controlling costs.
This is a dynamic, varying, and collaborative role. As a corporate chef, you will be responsible for a wide range of food and beverage management tasks including preparation of food for client meetings and functions, providing barista services and wine cellar management, and ensuring you keep up to date with food and beverage trends to ensure Buddle Findlay offers clients and partners a modern and appealing style of food which entails menu design and beverage selection. Your main responsibilities will be to
- Ensure that staff kitchens are maintained and stocked accordingly
- Food safety standards are adhered to
- Work with the client services team to ensure seamless service is provided between kitchen and front of house teams
- Manage annual kitchen budgets covering food and beverage orders, kitchen equipment, staff costs via invoicing and regular stocktake.
This role is a key area to the ongoing success and future development of the firm, and we commit to providing you with an interesting and varying work environment.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious, and innovative. To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Previous experience in an all-round food service role as a lead caterer, senior chef or similar role
- Strong attention to detail – consistently producing high quality work, are thorough and accurate and take responsibility for tasks and decisions
- Dedication to upholding food safety and hygiene standards
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills effectively enabling teamwork
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and prioritise multiple tasks accordingly
- Customer focus: understanding the firm is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations, operating with the customer in mind. Where opportunity allows, you will strive to establish and maintain effective relationships that foster trust and respect
- Proficiency in basic administrative tasks and budget management ensuring an efficient workflow.
If this sounds perfect for you, you have exceptional interpersonal skills and sound technical knowledge, then we encourage you to apply for this role. Please apply by sending your CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buddle Findlay is recruiting directly for this role and will only be accepting direct applications at this stage.