Digital workplace engineer – entry level
13 October 2023
What we offer
We are a full-service commercial law firm with three offices, 47 partners and over 250 permanent staff. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of people that are motivated to work together to help shape the future of business in New Zealand. We offer a competitive salary, additional benefits such as health insurance and extra leave days, flexible working practices and an extensive range of wellbeing resources, initiatives and social events.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate with little to no work experience to join us as a digital workplace engineer. This role is entry level, full-time, permanent, and will be based in our Auckland office in the CBD. You'll be part of our digital workplace team that is responsible for evolving the way we work and how we use the available tools to drive a high performing, collaborative workplace. You'll be a key part of our technology team; working with down to earth experts and developing your own expertise along the way.
Who would suit this role
If you have a genuine interest in IT, have a strong sense of client service, great communication skills, a curious mind, a positive attitude and eagerness to learn new things, we encourage you to apply for this role. We value people who bring a different perspective and who are passionate and innovative. To be successful in this role, you will also ideally have:
- An ability to work in the office 4+ days per week
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Teams, and all types of mobile devices is highly valued
- Flexibility - you may occasionally need to work out of core hours or start later and finish later (eg 9.30am to 6.00pm). You may also need to work remotely from time to time. Work from home technology will be provided.
As a junior digital workplace engineer a few of your main responsibilities will be to:
- Proactively manage all incoming helpdesk requests to ensure the business gets the best support possible
- Install and troubleshoot hardware including laptops, monitors, meeting room equipment and printers, as well as installing and supporting a wide range of software products
- Build relationships - our IT team have great relationships with other employees, we put people at the centre of what we do and pride ourselves on clear communication in person, on the phone, via email or instant message
- Problem-solve queries of all kinds; you'll need to prioritize your workload, use your initiative, and use various information sources including collaborating with the wider technology team
- Upgrade laptops by deploying Windows and apps on new computers and upgrading existing computers.
We will provide all necessary training for this role. All you need to bring is your enthusiasm and passion for helping people work efficiently and collaboratively.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then we encourage you to apply for this role by sending your CV and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full copy of the job description will be made available to candidate who are shortlisted to interview with us.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Applications close on 11 November 2023 but we will be screening and progressing applications as they come in.
Buddle Findlay is only accepting direct applications for this role.