Legal secretary (fixed term)
16 June 2022
An opportunity has come up for a motivated legal secretary to join our Christchurch office on a fixed-term contract basis. The vacancy is to cover for parental leave and we are flexible on the duration of the contract being either nine or twelve months.
You will become part of our close-knit litigation team that specialises in resource management, civil and commercial litigation. Your role will be to provide high quality administrative support to the partners and solicitors and may include typing legal documents, collating evidence packs, working on discovery for litigation files, attending to email correspondence, general administration, dictation and anything else the team needs to deliver outstanding client service.
Each day will be different, offering you a variety of interesting and challenging work. You'll receive training and mentorship with while gaining exposure to our collaborative culture. If you can see yourself working in a dynamic environment with friendly people who will value you and appreciate you, then we encourage you to apply for the role.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious and innovative. To be successful in this role, you would also ideally:
- Have experience in an administrative position within legal, professional services or corporate environment (experience in litigation support would be advantageous but is not necessary)
- Bring a positive attitude and able to turn your hand to a variety of tasks
- Use your initiative by pre-empting what needs to be done and stepping in to do complex and basic tasks for the team and the office
- Be comfortable working with firm deadlines, and be ready to ensure the team meet these deadlines
- Have a keen eye for detail and a drive to produce work with high accuracy
- Have excellent computer skills and experience working with MS Office products and ideally PDF Docs
- Be self-motivated to deliver all tasks to an exceptional standard while multi-tasking and prioritising what needs to be done
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team-based environment.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.