Senior associate – Corporate M&A and capital markets
30 March 2022
Our leading corporate and commercial team is looking for experienced and ambitious lawyers with seven or more years PQE to join their team specialising in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions. You will be highly motivated, self-driven and have gained solid experience (both technical skills and commercial acumen) from working in private practice in New Zealand and potentially overseas.
- Advising Infratil in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in diagnostic imaging provider Pacific Radiology Group
- Advising Contact Energy on its successful $225m issuance of green capital bonds
- Acting for the acquirer in connection with the management buyout of Stuff's national media business
- Advising Infratil and Brookfield on their acquisition of Vodafone NZ for $3.4b, making it one of the largest New Zealand M&A transactions on record
You will also get the chance to work closely with New Zealand's tech start-up sector advising both investors and growth companies on making or taking venture and early-stage capital investments.
You would be joining a committed team that works collegially on challenging legal work, in a thriving and supportive environment.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious and innovative. To be successful in this role, you would ideally:
- Have seven or more years' PQE in corporate and commercial law with solid experience in M&A. In-house lawyers with relevant experience looking to return to private practice are also of interest
- Enjoy working collaboratively within the team, across the firm and with clients
- Be confident dealing with clients on high-profile and complex transactions
- Enjoy mentoring junior lawyers.
What we offer
A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients within internationally recognised teams, alongside some of New Zealand's leading legal talent to shape the future of business in New Zealand. We offer a range of benefits, wellbeing, community and flexible working initiatives, enabling you to be the best you can be:
- An extensive professional development programme (courses, seminars, CPD and more)
- A range of leave benefits (parental, study, long service leave, and a Buddle Findlay day)
- Flexible working practices
- Regular social, sports and wellness events, charity initiatives, and opportunities to join various committees within the firm (eg diversity and inclusion committee)
- Competitive salary, health insurance benefits and an employee assistance programme.
Our culture and the focus on collaboration is the foundation of who we are. In joining us, you will feel valued, connected and supported. You will work in a collaborative environment where you can grow while feeling balanced in your personal and professional life. We bring the highest quality approach to everything we do and measure our success by the exceptional experiences we provide. Our purpose is to empower our people to be extraordinary and in turn, help our clients achieve extraordinary things.
Harri (talent attraction specialist from our people and culture team) is keen to talk with anyone interested in this opportunity – reach out to him for a confidential conversation at 09 363 0607 or firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with him on LinkedIn.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.