Senior associate - Tax
2 May 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a senior associate level lawyer to join our growing team in Auckland. In this role you will work directly with our leading tax partner, Tony Wilkinson, on the firm's largest and most significant transactions. You will also play a key role in mentoring more junior lawyers to advance the growing practice. Our tax team collaborates closely with our corporate team and banking and finance team on mergers and acquisitions, investments, securitisation, income tax, GST, financing, restructuring, and customs and excise duty matters. If you enjoy working on policy and compliance related tax work, that will also be available to you. The role can be tailored to what you truly enjoy (eg running M&A tax matters from start to finish).
You will be well supported to deliver your best work – we have a full-time tax support solicitor to manage important administration for the team and you have the option to work as flexibility as you like to complement the existing team.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious and innovative. To be successful in this role, you would also ideally have:
- Eight or more years' PQE working in a legal tax team (if you have experience in an accounting firm and have been admitted to the bar, or are able to be admitted, you will also be of interest to us)
- Experience with corporate tax matters relating to transactions and international tax would be ideal
- The ability to collaborative with others and work at a high level
- Passionate about tax law and cementing your career within a leading team.
What we offer
A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients within internationally recognised teams, alongside some of New Zealand's leading legal talent to shape the future of business in NZ. We offer a range of benefits, wellbeing, community, and flexible working initiatives, enabling you to be the best you can be:
- An extensive professional development programme (courses, seminars, CPD and more)
- A range of leave benefits (parental, study, long service leave, and a Buddle Findlay day)
- Flexible working
- Regular social, sports and wellness events, charity initiatives, and opportunities to join various committees within the firm (eg diversity and inclusion committee)
- Competitive salary, health insurance benefits and an employee assistance programme.
Harri (Talent Attraction Specialist from our people and culture team) is keen to talk with anyone interested in this opportunity – to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential discussion about the opportunity, please call Harri on 09 363 0607.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.