Senior solicitor - Corporate and commercial
27 May 2022
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a corporate and commercial team that works on a wide range of transactions and corporate and commercial matters? Do you have experience in corporate and commercial law and are looking for a step up in your career?
A position has become available for a senior solicitor with four to six years' PQE to join our leading corporate and commercial team. You will be working within our highly experienced Wellington team, led by partners Renee Stiles, Amy Ryburn, and Steve Nightingale. The team is a high-performing team which offers a supportive environment and fantastic work.
As a senior solicitor, you will be exposed to a wide range of corporate and commercial matters including commercial contracting and procurement, technology, media, and telecommunications (TMT), privacy, outsourcing, mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, joint ventures, limited partnerships, and general corporate work. You will also play a mentoring role for junior lawyers in the team and the ability to collaborate and work collegially will be key.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious, and innovative. To be successful in this role, you would ideally bring:
- Four to six years' post qualification experience in corporate and commercial law from a private practice or in-house legal environment (you do not need to have particular M&A experience to apply for this position but do need to be interested in being involved in M&A transactional work as well as the wide range of other corporate and commercial work undertaken by the team)
- A proven ability to learn, interpret and apply complex concepts quickly and an enthusiasm for new experiences and learning new skills
- Demonstratable experience working on commercial matters in New Zealand
- A team-focussed approach to your work.
What we offer
A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients within internationally recognised teams, alongside some of New Zealand's leading legal talent to shape the future of business in New Zealand. We offer a range of benefits, wellbeing, community, and flexible working initiatives, enabling you to be the best you can be:
- An extensive professional development programme (courses, seminars, CPD and more)
- A range of leave benefits (parental, study, long service leave, and a Buddle Findlay day)
- Flexible working practices
- Regular social, sports and wellness events, charity initiatives, and opportunities to join various committees within the firm (eg diversity and inclusion committee)
- Competitive salary, health insurance benefits and an employee assistance programme.
Harri (Talent Attraction Specialist from our people and culture team) is keen to talk with anyone interested in this opportunity – reach out to him for a confidential conversation at +64 9 363 0607 or email@example.com or connect with him on LinkedIn.
Buddle Findlay is recruiting for this position directly.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.