Solicitor or senior solicitor - Corporate and commercial
16 May 2022
An opportunity for a solicitor or senior solicitor (three to seven years' PQE) has come up in our leading corporate and commercial team that specialises in mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
In this role you will be exposed to a wide variety of corporate matters with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, shareholding arrangements and corporate governance. This team works for top clients on interesting and complex corporate transactions which have recently included:
- Advising Infratil in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in diagnostic imaging provider Pacific Radiology Group
- Advising Contact Energy on its successful $225m issuance of green capital bonds
- Acting for the acquirer in connection with the management buyout of Stuff's national media business
- Advising Infratil and Brookfield on their acquisition of Vodafone NZ for $3.4b, making it one of the largest New Zealand M&A transactions on record.
You will also get the chance to work closely with New Zealand's start-up sector advising both investors and growth companies on making or taking venture and early-stage capital investments.
You would be joining a committed team that works collegially on challenging legal work, in a thriving and supportive environment.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious and innovative. To be successful in this role, you would ideally:
- Have three to seven years' PQE in corporate and commercial law with some experience in M&A
- Be passionate about furthering your career in corporate and commercial law
- Enjoy working collaboratively within the team, across the firm and with clients
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, innovative, and keen on developing yourself through continuous learning.
What we offer
A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients within internationally recognised teams, alongside some of New Zealand's leading legal talent to shape the future of business in New Zealand. We offer a range of benefits, wellbeing, community, and flexible working initiatives, enabling you to be the best you can be:
- An extensive professional development programme (courses, seminars, CPD and more)
- A range of leave benefits (parental, study, long service leave, and a Buddle Findlay day)
- Flexible working practices
- Regular social, sports and wellness events, charity initiatives, and opportunities to join various committees within the firm (eg diversity and inclusion committee)
- Competitive salary, health insurance benefits and an employee assistance programme.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion, feel free to reach out to Sarah or Nick or you can contact Harri from our people and culture team on 09 363 0607. If you would like to apply for the role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.