Solicitor or senior solicitor – Employment, health and safety
20 June 2023
A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients within internationally recognised teams and alongside some of New Zealand's leading legal talent to shape the future of business in New Zealand. This role offers you the chance to work across the firm's largest and most high profile employment matters, a competitive remuneration package with top market benefits, and exceptional ongoing training that is second to none in New Zealand.
An opportunity has become available for an ambitious employment lawyer to join our Tier 1 employment and health and safety team in Auckland. In this role, you will receive high quality training and mentorship from partners and senior associates who are invested in your success. By joining the team, you'll work directly with clients on the full range of employment law matters including:
- Advising on restructurings, performance management, disciplinary processes, investigations and dismissals
- Drafting employment agreements and policies
- Advising on the employment aspects of M&A transactions
- Assisting with contentious matters, including personal grievances
- Opportunities for advocacy at mediations and in the Employment Relations Authority/Employment Court
- Advising on privacy and human rights in the employment context
- Advising on health and safety compliance and enforcement.
Sherridan Cook and Mere King lead our Auckland employment team - they have created exceptional reputations as being true legal experts on employment law. They regularly run seminars on employment matters and often feature in the news as subject matter experts on topical employment issues that relate to the public's domain of interest. Our employment team is highly regarded and is one of the larger employment law providers in New Zealand.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious, and innovative. Our employment team is high performing and is looking for someone who has demonstrated their ability to work at a high level through a combination of their work experience and academic achievements. To be successful in this role, you would ideally:
- Have two to six years' PQE with experience in employment law (if you have experience in civil litigation and have a genuine interest in specialising in employment law, you are also encouraged to apply)
- Be curious about employment law matters and the impact they have on the commercial world in New Zealand and globally
- Be able to work collaboratively in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Bring your unique strengths and high quality approach to the work you do.
If this opportunity resonates with you and you would like to apply, please send you CV to email@example.com. For a further discussion about the opportunity, please contact Harri (talent attraction specialist from our people and culture team) on 09 363 0607 or connect with him on LinkedIn. We value your privacy and ensure that any application or enquiry is treated as highly confidential.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.
Buddle Findlay is recruiting directly for this position.