Solicitor or senior solicitor - Resource management
29 June 2022
An opportunity for a dynamic solicitor has come up to join the RMA practice in our Christchurch office. As part of a tight-knit team, you will work alongside Special Counsel Cedric Carranceja, Senior Associate Jenna Silcock and the wider national resource management team on the full spectrum of Resource Management Act matters including RMA consenting, designations, district and regional planning, appeals and enforcement. Our team has appeared in the Environment Court, High Court and Court of Appeal and before the Christchurch replacement plan hearings panels.
In this role you will assist in providing advice, advocacy and dispute resolution to local authority, infrastructure, corporate, and private clients on resource management and local government matters. You will be involved with a variety of intellectually challenging matters that will allow you to successfully develop and progress your legal career in a collaborative and supportive environment.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious, and innovative. To be successful in this role, you would ideally:
- Have three to five years' PQE. Experience in working in the resource management space is key
- Be interested in progressing your career in resource management law
- Enjoy working collaboratively within the team, across the firm and with an array of clients
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, innovative, and keen on developing yourself through continuous learning.
What we offer
A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients within internationally recognised teams, alongside some of New Zealand's leading legal talent to shape the future of resource management in New Zealand. We offer a range of benefits that enable you to be the best you can be:
- An extensive professional development programme (courses, seminars, CPD and more)
- A range of leave benefits (parental, study, long service leave, and an annual Buddle Findlay day)
- Flexible working practices
- Regular social, sports and wellness events, charity initiatives, and opportunities to join various committees within the firm (eg diversity and inclusion committee)
- Competitive salary, health insurance benefits and an employee assistance programme.
Harri (Talent Attraction Specialist from our people and culture team) is keen to talk with anyone interested in this opportunity – reach out to him for a confidential conversation at 09 363 0607 or email@example.com or connect with him on LinkedIn.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.