Solicitor or senior solicitor - Tax
2 May 2022
Are you a tax lawyer looking for more exposure to complex deals within your practice? Would you like to be part of a flat structured, high performing tax team that will rapidly develop your legal skills and advance your career?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented tax lawyer to join our team in Auckland. We are looking for a solicitor or senior solicitor with relevant experience to work directly with our leading tax partner, Tony Wilkinson, on the firm's largest and most significant transactions. Our well-known tax team collaborates closely with our corporate team and banking and finance team on mergers and acquisitions, investments, securitisation, income tax, GST, financing, restructuring, and customs and excise duty matters.
In this role you will be well supported to deliver your best work – we have a full-time tax support solicitor to manage important administration for the team and you have the option to work as flexibility as you like to complement the existing team.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious and innovative. To be successful in this role, you would also ideally have:
- Three or more years' PQE working in a legal tax team (if you have experience in an accounting firm and have been admitted to the bar, or are able to be admitted, you will also be of interest to us)
- Experience with corporate tax matters relating to transactions and international tax would be valuable
- The ability to collaborative with others and work at a high pace with accuracy
- An interest in progressing your career in tax law – you will gain exposure to a myriad of intellectually challenging matters on a regular basis.
What we offer
A career with us gives you the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients within internationally recognised teams, alongside some of New Zealand's leading legal talent to shape the future of business in NZ. We offer a range of benefits, wellbeing, community and flexible working initiatives, enabling you to be the best you can be:
- An extensive professional development programme (courses, seminars, CPD and more)
- A range of leave benefits (parental, study, long service leave, and a Buddle Findlay day)
- Flexible working
- Regular social, sports and wellness events, charity initiatives, and opportunities to join various committees within the firm (eg diversity and inclusion committee)
- Competitive salary, health insurance benefits and an employee assistance programme.
Our culture and the focus on collaboration is the foundation of who we are. In joining us, you will feel valued, connected and supported. You will work in a collaborative environment where you can grow while feeling balanced in your personal and professional life. We bring the highest quality approach to everything we do and measure our success by the exceptional experiences we provide. Our purpose is to empower our people to be extraordinary and in turn, help our clients achieve extraordinary things.
Harri (talent attraction specialist from our people and culture team) is keen to talk with anyone interested in this opportunity – to apply, please send your CV, cover letter and transcript to email@example.com.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.