Talent coordinator - People and culture
17 February 2023
You'll be joining a high performing people and culture team with the opportunity to collaborate with our national team of eight and ability to get involved in plenty of great projects. We're offering a competitive salary, flexibility and a great range of benefits including additional paid leave, full health insurance, fruit and snacks in the office, dress for your day guidelines, EAP and regular social events.
Due to internal movement, an exciting position has become available for a talent coordinator to join our national people and culture team on a permanent or fixed term contract basis, reporting to the Auckland people and culture manager. This is a dynamic and rewarding position, supporting us to deliver on our strategy of ensuring Buddle Findlay is a law firm of choice in Aotearoa.
As the talent coordinator, you will play a key part in all things talent at the firm, both for our existing people, those soon to be joining and anyone who may be considering joining us in the future. The role has a unique mix of recruitment, talent development and both communication and stakeholder engagement internally and externally. Your main responsibilities will be coordinating our high profile annual graduate recruitment programme, supporting our national talent attraction specialist with general recruitment needs and coordinating talent development for our people.
More about the role
The position goes beyond general administration and coordination - you will be heavily involved in the detail of strategic talent projects and activities that enable our people to be the best they can be. Each day will be different, but at a high level you will be involved with:
- Graduate recruitment – coordinating meetings, interviews, events, university partnerships and student groups including maintaining effective relationships with these key partners
- Ensure successful implementation of our annual summer clerk and law clerk programme
- Coordinate professional development programmes and learning opportunities (eg internal seminars, admissions, CPD, and 'profs')
- Induction/onboarding planning for new starters
- Helping to organise office wide events
- Assisting with general recruitment administration and assignments when required.
What matters to us
We value people who bring a different perspective, who are passionate, curious and innovative. To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have previous experience in a successful people and culture team
- Be familiar with best practice recruitment (either internally or from an agency environment) – high volume recruitment would be a bonus!
- Have a passion for talent development, talent acquisition, and generalist HR
- Be tech savvy with the ability to pick up and learn new systems easily
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment where there are multiple priorities and numerous touchpoints
- Love to communicate – you'll be doing this verbally and in writing with a range of audiences
- Have a positive, solutions focused mindset with great attention to detail and proactivity.
If this position has sparked your interest and you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter about why you are interested in this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to you joining our team and being part of our success.
Together we grow, Ka tipu tahi tatau.
Buddle Findlay is recruiting directly for this position.