Why Buddle Findlay
We believe that career satisfaction is about having the best opportunities, learning and growing your skills, building relationships, and of course being rewarded for accomplishments; but most of all its about feeling supported to fulfil your potential. That’s why working at Buddle Findlay means doors are always open, the sharing of ideas are encouraged, excellence is rewarded and diversity is valued and respected.
Diversity within Buddle Findlay provides a level of discussion and robustness of thought that gives us strength as a firm, enabling us to grow as individuals and as a collective – providing the best solutions for our clients. If you want to work with talented people who take the law seriously and value and respect each other then join us.
What we offer
For all staff
- Fully subsidised medical scheme
- An additional day’s leave each year which can be used on your birthday or for another special occasion
- Paid parental leave
- Paid matrimonial/civil union leave
- Study grants / study leave / graduation leave
- Long service leave
- Social calendar including regular Friday night drinks, quiz nights, movie nights, mid-year formal function for staff and their partners
- Resilience training
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual free flu jabs onsite
- In-house Pilates classes
- Annual Wellness week programme
- Access to massages and chiropractic services
- Corporate sports teams and events
- Regular work station checks
- Secure bike cages for those biking to work.
For selected roles
- Bonus scheme
- Car park and mobile phone
- Flexible working arrangements
- Home computer access
- Paid professional membership fees.
We recognise that every career is different and are committed to supporting the individual needs and goals of all of our staff. In keeping with this commitment, a comprehensive professional development programme has been put in place for all staff which includes:
- Seminars and in-house courses relevant to your development needs
- Regular in-house legal seminars keeping you up to date on the latest developments
- External conferences, lectures and seminars are encouraged where relevant to your role
- An ongoing personal development plan, and regular performance discussions with your supervisor
- Secondments to client organisations for legal staff.
Venture further summer clerkship
Buddle Findlay is a leading national law firm that is always moving forward. Each year, we look for talented and highly motivated summer clerks to join us on a new and exciting journey into the world of corporate and commercial law.
A summer clerkship with us is an incredible launch pad for your legal career. The work is challenging, rewarding and full of opportunities not only to develop your legal skills, but your business and communication skills as well.
Applications for the 2017 summer clerk programme open on Thursday 16 March and close on Thursday 30 March.
Click here to visit our graduate recruitment website.
If you have any questions regarding summer clerkships for 2017 or would like general information about graduate recruitment, please contact:
Jo Calder, National Human Resources Manager
0800 FURTHER (3878437)
Buddle Findlay Negotiation Competition
The Buddle Findlay Negotiation Competition is a national undergraduate law student competition in which a team of two law students representing a client negotiates either a transaction or the resolution of a dispute with an opposing team of two.
The Competition takes place during the first semester and consists of a preliminary round, followed by semi-finals and finals. The competition is judged by members of the University Law Faculty, Buddle Findlay lawyers, and/or other experienced negotiation experts.
The winning team from each regional competition competes at the New Zealand Law Students' Association National Conference. The winning teams from each region are also invited to compete at the Australian Law Students' Association (ALSA) Asia-Pacific Conference.
How to apply
Application forms for the Buddle Findlay Negotiation Competition are available from your Law Students Association or click here to download an application form.
For more information on how to apply please contact your university representatives or:
Anne-Marie Way, Human Resources Adviser
DDI: +64 9 363 1025
Margot Elworthy, Human Resources Coordinator
DDI: +64 4 462 0835
As an alumnus of Buddle Findlay you are extremely important to us wherever in the world you are. We would like to stay in touch with you and help you reconnect with former colleagues. To find out what's happening at Buddle Findlay update your details below.