Buddle Findlay Negotiation Competition 2017
11 July 2017
Buddle Findlay has sponsored another successful negotiation competition for undergraduate law students, with six regional rounds taking place at all major universities around the country during May and June.
We are pleased to announce the regional winners for 2017:
- James Penn and Katie Keir (Chris Ryan attended the ALSA Conference in place of Katie) - University of Auckland
- Pavee Patanasiri and Jordan Matthews - Auckland University of Technology
- Benjamin Wilkins and Myles Rollason - University of Waikato
- Indiana Shewen and Harrison Cunningham - Victoria University of Wellington
- Nasif Azam and Robbie Morrison (Dan Chan attended the ALSA Conference in place of Robbie) - University of Canterbury
- Caroline Leandra Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes and Kirsten Eskildsen - University of Otago.
In early July, the winning teams from each regional competition travelled to Canberra to compete in the ALSA Conference. Of those teams:
- Indiana Shewen and Harrison Cunningham (Victoria University of Wellington) made the semi-finals placing themselves amongst the top four teams in the competition
- Benjamin Wilkins and Myles Rollason (University of Waikato) made the quarter finals.
This is an exceptional result and all teams should be proud of their achievements.
Each of the regional winners will also have the opportunity to compete at the New Zealand Law Students' Association National Conference; held in Hamilton in August 2017.
We wish all competitors the best of luck.