This session explores the available structures and key terms of employee equity and incentive schemes. We share our insights from our experience working with a wide range of companies and investors to create fit for purpose schemes. This session includes:
- An overview of the features, pros and cons of the following scheme structures:
- share schemes
- option schemes
- shadow schemes
- Key terms of a scheme, including:
- vesting and performance hurdles
- share terms
- good leaver/bad leaver provisions
- realisation events
- tax considerations
- Regulatory and fundraising considerations.
This session is aimed at founders and investors who want to understand this key tool for ensuring employees are aligned with shareholders.