Dealing with data - drafting and negotiating provisions to address data risk in services contracts
Many services arrangements will now involve the transfer, processing, storing and/or use of significant data sets. However, when you're working with basic services agreement templates that need tailoring or bolstering to deal with data risks, it can be challenging to identify what clauses might need to be included and why.
In a recent webinar Amy Ryburn (partner) and Alex Chapman (senior associate) discussed some of the issues that need to be considered when services contracts involve the processing or storage of significant data sets. This included:
- How to define data
- Ownership and use/access rights in respect of data
- Data security
- The treatment of personal data
- What happens to data on contract termination or expiry
- Risk allocation in relation to data
- Tips on how to address issues.
Below is the recording of the webinar and you can download a copy of the PowerPoint presentation here.