Buddle Findlay acts for funder in Fertility Associates acquisition

21 March 2022

In late 2021 Buddle Findlay acted for BNZ, the funder to the purchaser of Fertility Associates.  Together, New Zealand Super Fund, Pioneer Capital and Comprador Holdings have purchased a 70% stake in Fertility Associates, with the remaining 30% owned by the fertility treatment providers' doctors and management team.

The consortium's approach is to support expansion of its fertility services in both Malaysia and selectively into other Asia-Pacific countries, and were pleased to invest in a well-established and quality local business that helps New Zealanders with their journey to having a baby.

BNZ's Guy Jolly, director, corporate finance says "Fertility Associates is the leading provider of reproductive services across New Zealand and we are delighted to be supporting the investors and the business with its continued growth both domestically and into Asia."

Cube Credit, who acted as debt advisor, was pleased to support NZ Super and Pioneer as they partnered with existing shareholders to begin the next stage of growth for Fertility Associates.

The Buddle Findlay team, Paul Farrugia, partner, and Nathan Hansen-Thorpe, senior associate, were pleased to have acted for the funder BNZ in assisting the consortium as they look to support the growth and expansion of the fertility associates business. 

Cameron Partners, Rothschild & Co and Dentons Kensington Swan acted for Fertility Associates.  Anderson Lloyd acted for the purchasers and included Geoff Busch, partner, Anna Sloan, associate and Vinnie Teh, senior solicitor.