A win at the New Zealand Law Awards 2021
19 November 2021
Buddle Findlay is delighted to have worked alongside Susan Lucking, Sam Clement and the broader Bank of New Zealand team, on the project financing of the Mt Cardrona Station Resort wastewater treatment plant, which won project finance deal of the year at the New Zealand Law Awards 2021.
This was a transaction showcasing an innovative solution, via a public-private collaboration. Financing structures allowed for the development of the wastewater scheme with the private sector retaining the risks associated with development while providing the District Council with ultimate ownership and control of the scheme.
Judges' comments include: "While not a significant dollar value, this clearly involved a lot of legal work, different practice areas, complexity and innovation. Well done."
"We are delighted to have worked alongside Bank of New Zealand, Cardrona Valley Wastewater and Anderson Lloyd to complete a highly challenging project financing for what is a key piece of infrastructure for the future development of Cardrona Valley that will have flow on benefits for the wider Central Otago community" - Peter Owles.
Buddle Findlay has also been announced as an excellence awardee in the following categories:
- Mid-market Deal of the Year - Price Industries purchase of Holyoake New Zealand and Australian operations
- Insolvency and restructuring deal of the year - Tahua Capital NZ$30m purchase of Burger King New Zealand under receivership
- Large Law Firm of the Year
- Employer of Choice (>100 Lawyers)
- Managing Partner of the Year (>100 Lawyers) - Jennifer Caldwell
- Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year
- Young Private Practice Lawyer of the Year - Ed McGimpsey.
Congratulations to all other winners of the New Zealand Law Awards 2021.