Release of the first set of draft National Planning Standards
7 June 2018
Yesterday the Ministry for the Environment released the first set of draft National Planning Standards.
National Planning Standards are intended to improve consistency in RMA plan and policy statement structure, format, and content. The standards were introduced as part of the 2017 amendments to the RMA.
The first set of draft National Planning Standards focuses primarily on plan and policy statement structure. They address a range of matters, including:
- A standard structure and introduction for planning documents
- Electronic accessibility and standardisation
- Standards for how maps are presented in planning documents
- A standard set of definitions
- Noise and vibration standards.
Submissions on the draft set of National Planning Standards are being sought.
Submissions are due by 5.00pm on Friday 17 August 2018.